Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Design Your Life!

I am taking the most wonderful class over at Big Picture Scrapbooking from Cathy Zielske called "Design Your Life". I've loved Cathy since her "Simple Scrapbooking" days and was thrilled when I found this class in December. We are finishing up week 6 of the 12 week class, and I am going to be a bit bummed out when it's over! I'm learning so much about the principles of design, and each week we have homework assignments in the form of scrapbook pages. At the end of the class, I'll have an amazing binder full of completed pages of all sizes and a much richer understanding of what I need to do to take my scrapbooking to the next level.

My classmates are amazingly talented gals from all over the world, including Germany, Finland, Norway, Australia and Canada. We all post our pages to the online gallery and it is big fun to log on and see everyone's work. (I think we all live for the sweet comments made on each other's layouts!) Every week Cathy posts a 45 minute instructional video discussing a design topic and then also sends out an additional little video chat about random topics. She is extremely entertaining...even my 8 year old son likes to sit and watch her videos with me! Wish I lived closer to her--I think she'd be a blast to hang out with! I'm told this may be the last time Cathy teaches this class, although I bet she’s got another something spectacular up her sleeve! Take a minute to check out Big Picture Scrapbooking. There are so many talented and artistic ladies teaching interesting classes over there…surely there will be something to tickle your fancy!

(Below are just a couple of the many layouts I've put together so far in the class.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio