Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Whew! I'm Back!

This past weekend was so much fun, experiencing my very first sale at Bella Patina! It is such an amazing place, with tons of beautiful treasures and talented vendors. I won't know exactly how I did until next week, when all of the tags have been tallied up--but I have to say I am very pleased with what sold and am so excited for next month!

Here are some pics from my booth on Friday, before the sale started:




And finally my HUGE project: the china hutch! It did not sell this time, but I know the right person will find it! :) I learned a lot about staging over the past few days and think I can really improve on how I displayed this piece.

Here are the before pics again:




And here is the after:


I stripped and stained the top of the buffet piece and then used Behr paint with primer in "Toasted Marshmallow" for the body. Can't remember the name of the blue I used for the inside of the cabinet, but it is a very soft shade. Then the entire piece got a coat of dark stain, which I applied in small sections and then immediately wiped off. I have to be honest here: this project was a HUGE pain! I have really spoiled myself with chalk paint and this whole latex and stain business really made me work. :) I do love the end result though and hope someone else will feel the same way next month!

Speaking of next month (how about that smooth segue?), I have been working the thrift stores and Craigslist like a mad woman to ensure I have some interesting pieces! Here are some peeks at what I am working on now:



I have two of these that are going to be splendid in navy blue.

This little wooden table has some girly decoupage in its future.

I love this old piece. It has a mirror that goes with it, but I think I am going to make it more of a desk. I have a waterfall vanity and dresser than I am working on and think this might be more useful without the mirror? (More about the vanity and dresser later...I will leave you with two words that I may never want to hear again though: wood veneer.)

A sweet twin headboard and a really heavy mirror.

I have two of these that will go with the little wooden table. :)

Thank you so very much for stopping by after my little hiatus! Happy Tuesday!



2 comments:

Gael said...

I wish that I could be at your next show, as Bella Patina sounds like loads of fun! There are so many pieces that you are pulling from different sites that I recognize, in style, and then there they are with a whole new personality. It's nice to see that being passe doesn't mean things are discarded. They are getting a new home and hopefully giving a lot of pleasure to new owners. Good for you!

Kim Woods said...

Holy cow that looks like a lot of work! I can't wait to see the after pics! The china hutch is amazing!

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio