Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tutorial

Happy Tuesday! I have been seriously neglecting my blog--can't believe my last post was over a week ago!

Today I have a little tutorial over at Jessica Sprague's blog, Mouse Paper Lovely, about how to create pendants using Scrabble tiles if you're interested. :) I had never done a tutorial with pictures before and didn't really think through how I was going to take a picture of myself if I was using both hands to make the pendant! (seriously) So, my sweet son, Cale, stepped in and I am so impressed with the pictures he took! Check it out here if you have a sec.

Also at Jessica's website, Splendid Fiins has a "Very Krafty" new paper pack release. I love how kraft paper works with any color--takes the guess work out of trying to match the colors in your photos to your papers!


Such a sweet photo of my grandmother with Kendall when she was here in March. Kendall got these sunglasses as a gift and Grandma Lou just couldn't help being silly with them!

Lastly, here are some before and after pics of the $9 chair I got for Cale at Goodwill a few weeks ago. He wanted to paint the chair gray, which has turned out a bit institutional for my taste but he is happy with it. We painted chalkboard paint on the surface of the desk for a fun touch. Not perfect, but a great project to do together!


Before
                                      
 
After






5 comments:

Gael said...

I have always wanted one of these desks, but could never figure out exactly what to do with it. Your son is going to love having a spot where he can doodle or draw, or actually do homework. It really finished up nicely.

The photo of your daughter with her great-grandmother is darling. I love the paper that you used for the layout. It's perfect.

Anonymous said...

That chair is adorable! I love the chalk on the desk, very clever!

xo,

Abby

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the chalk on the desk too!!!! What a great idea!

Unknown said...

This is very cute! My DD would love this!! Thanks for stopping by my site! I am now your newest follower :)

Tanya said...

That turned out really cute! I need to start looking around for one of these...love this idea :)

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio