Thursday, July 7, 2011

Tuesday's Treasures

I found out yesterday afternoon that I have been accepted into a local boutique called "Trendz" and I am beyond excited! I will be selling just my upcycled home decor goodies, along with some small furniture starting on August 15th. YIPPEE! Now I can thrift myself crazy without feeling guilty!

Soooo, with that segue, here are some of my finds from Tuesday's lunch shopping spree:

I could not resist the great shape of this metal bowl! Not sure what color I'm going with...perhaps black.

This plastic HOMCO wall shelf is to die for! I have already painted it lavender and it will be adorable in a little girl's room. The wooden box with the brass flower has been painted a light blue and I am going to rough up the flower a bit to let the metal shine through.

I think this wooden taper holder is adorable and may even use the little blue votive with it. The aluminum tray will be getting a chippy paint job and I am in LOVE with the blue glass Bell jar I found! That little beauty will be staying with me!

Here she is up close...I can't get enough of this color!

This little jewelry box/valet has been given a few coats of Valspar's Vintage Blue paint and is almost ready to be shabbied up a bit. The blue glass candlesticks may become pedestals for little blue and white plates I have on hand. They are a fab color and very heavy.

This is my favorite piece from Salvation Army this week--it was only $4.99 and it is on its way to being stunning! With the exception of a few broken pulls, it has great bones and red velvet that is in amazing shape.


Couldn't you just eat up all the little doors and drawers on this piece??

I have a few coats of dover white paint on it so far and will likely be doing a few more before I'm done. Can't wait to show you the "after"!

I have been looking for one of these wooden pedestals for a while and may or may not have literally run across the store when I spotted it.  It has been painted Martha's lovely Milk Pail and I have not decided  whether I can part with it or not.

Gosh, I am such a sucker for anything wooden. I picked up these two wine racks for $2.99 each and have painted one with a black semi-gloss. Not sure about the other one yet.

Isn't this a cutie patootie? It has been painted a wonderful bluish-periwinkle color from Glidden that I am LOVING. Will share more when everything is complete.

Ok--if you have stuck with me this  far, I'd like to share the fun cabinet that I mentioned yesterday. I used the perfect yellow from Martha (can't remember the exact name of the color) and then shabbied it up. I really like the look of the dark wood showing through. I was able to use the old hardware, just giving them a quick spritz of ORB.

Before:



After:




Aren't those little feet adorable?


I am thinking this piece may have been a cabinet in a bathroom. It has hooks on the back for hanging, and is about the right size to store little toiletries. My girlfriend immediately thought "kitchen" when she saw it. Wouldn't it be cute as a little spice cabinet?

Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy Thursday!

8 comments:

Gael said...

I am blown away by the bonanaza that you have found! You did a lovely job with the cabinet. I can't believe that it's the same piece. You sound like you are having a ball. It is fun to watch what you are doing with everything.

betsy said...

LOVE the makeover!!! You are soooo good! :)

Jocelyn said...

I remember those planters from Home Interiors Parties. Great finds.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Tara said...

So proud of you Erin, you are rocking the furniture world. Love what you are doing. Txxx

Emily @ EAKaHouse said...

Thanks for stopping by today Erin! I love your finds. There should be a support group for thrifting addicts but who wants to stop? Can't wait to see the reveals.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE this!! Thanks so much for commenting so I could come back and find all these fun makeovers! Thrift makeovers are my fav... I think I might beg husband to take me tomorrow after seeing these! I love the yellow cabinet! AWESOME!!! I'm becoming a follower!

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

So many cute finds...and the colors you are using sound so cheery and fun :) Laurel@chippingwithcharm

Unknown said...

Hi Erin! Thanks so much for coming by my blog the other day. I am seriously in love with Krylon's new Dual Paint. But I love Rust-oleum too! I really like your cute thrifty finds. That cabinet was a great transformation.

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio